Experienced cannabis consultants as well as technical writers can help with the creation of well crafted SOPs. Dispensary operators and senior management are also key to the drafting process as they understand the business and company goals better than anyone. Here are some important things to include in your SOPs.
- Who is responsible for the process
- When the procedure is to be used or performed
- Why the procedure is necessary
- What equipment is required to complete the task
- A step-by-step overview that defines the beginning and end of a task.
- Health and safety issues
- Identifies necessary forms to be completed for the task
- Signature of approval that the process has been completed and approved by upper management.
Sourcing insight from team members and using current documents that outline procedures as a foundation, will help create defined SOPs that fit the unique needs of the dispensary business. SOPs should be direct, clear, and concise, providing a comprehensive overview of the beginning and end of each procedure related to the retail operation.